- Opus Teach
- Place of work:
- See advert details
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 31 August 2021 01:00 PM
Opus Teach are currently seeking supply teachers for schools located across Suffolk.
Whether you're happy to work on an ad-hoc basis with daily supply or whether you are seeking a longer-term contract or even gain work whilst looking for permanent roles in either primary or secondary schools (or both), we will be able to find the perfect role for you.
We are looking for reliable, professional, and dedicated supply teachers to provide vital support to schools within Suffolk, to meet the current increasing demand.
Why Supply Teaching?
Supply teaching offers a great amount of flexibility and room to develop your career, teaching different age groups in different schools or really homing in on teaching a particular year group. We will work with you closely with you to find exactly what you want and to ensure you get the most out of your work. We pride ourselves on building great relationships with all our teachers and schools to make the most out of each work opportunity and help you progress your teaching and classroom experiences.
As a Supply Teacher you will:
- be responsible for the learning and progress of all students in allocated classes, ensuring equality of opportunity for all
- treat students with dignity, build relationships based on mutual respect, and always observe boundaries appropriate to a teacher's professional position
- be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in pupils/students' work and conduct in lessons
- work collaboratively and effectively with learners, other staff, parents/carers, governors and external agencies in the best interests of students
- take responsibility for safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
You will have:
- a good honours degree in an age range/ subject(s) relevant to the post
- qualified teacher status or recognised equivalent
- successful teaching experience within the age range and subject(s)
- a passion for teaching and ability to deliver the best
- the ability to teach using a wide variety of strategies to maximise achievement for all students.
In return, we offer:
- a friendly and professional service offering quality, flexibility and variety
- an easy to use real time system to enable full control over bookings, your profile and availability calendar
- a dedicated account manager on hand to provide support and assistance throughout application and placement
- fair pay, in line with teachers' pay scales
- opportunities to opt in for pension scheme and additional training courses
- opportunity to help make a difference- we do not earn commission from placing you and reinvest back into teachers, schools and the education.
Who are Opus Teach?
Opus Teach are a supply agency based in Ipswich, who are wholly owned by Suffolk County Council, currently recruiting for supply teachers in schools located across Suffolk. We are looking for teachers based anywhere in Suffolk from Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Stowmarket, Ipswich, Southwold to Bungay - all across the county.
We operate from 7am - 5pm Monday - Friday and have our own booking system which runs 365 days a year 24/7, allowing schools to book wherever and whenever. As one of our teachers, you will have complete control over your availability and the positions you choose to accept. You will receive texts from our booking system when you are requested, allowing you to easily accept. Of course, we will call you if preferred and still build a relationship with you however you prefer and communicate with you how you wish.
We have worked continually throughout the pandemic, supporting schools, and providing placements for teachers wanting to work throughout. We have processes in place to ensure safety is a priority with schools filling in COVID Questionnaires for each booking and weekly fit to work statements needing to be signed. It is important to note that all interviews / verification calls are taken place remotely via Microsoft Teams during this time.
What do our teachers say?
David, Primary Teacher(based in West Suffolk):
"My experience with Opus Teach has been a consistently positive one. They absolutely care about making sure the teacher AND the school role are right for each other. In our profession it is often too easy for a recruitment company to just see teachers and their roles as one size fits all. Opus instead, seeks to match you to the role you are suited to. This means I can deliver to the very best of my ability and provide an educational environment the school and the pupils deserve. As teachers, we know how important communication is, both educationally and professionally. Opus works hard to keep in touch with their teachers so they can best provide the support we need when in and searching for a position. It continues to be a great experience being an Opus teacher and one I would recommend to anyone in the same situation."
For more information and to start your registration process please visit: opusteach.co.uk