- Burton End Primary Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR + SEN
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 19 October 2018 12:00 PM
Required from January 2019, Burton End Primary Academy, part of Unity Schools Partnership, require an experienced Teacher with SENDCo experience or a strong interest in SEN and a willingness to train to become a SENDCo.
You will have teaching responsibilities in the morning with allocated planning and SENCo release time in the afternoon.
You would work as the SENDCo or alongside an existing SENDCo to ensure that the needs of SEND pupils are fully met, as well as being a part of the school's Senior Leadership Team.
We are looking for a person who has:
- an excellent understanding of children and learning
- a secure knowledge of SEN practice and policy / a willingness and ability to learn quickly
- excellent interpersonal skills
- a commitment to school and personal development
- the ability and experience to teach across KS1 / 2.
We can offer:
- a strong support network of SENDCos led by the Trust's SEND advisor
- a commitment to continued professional development through a variety of leadership programmes
- the opportunity to attend an extensive range of SEN training courses in order to keep abreast of latest policy and practice in this important area of education.
Unity Schools Partnership is a highly regarded trust that consists of 15 primary schools in 4 geographic areas, 6 secondary schools in those same areas and now in East London, and a special school in Haverhill.
Furthermore, the trust has a teaching school (Suffolk Borders Teaching Alliance) and a research school, placing us as the heart of developing new teachers, and enhancing the careers of those already working with us.
Working within the trust offers great opportunities for career development and advancement including high quality CPD, research and cross-school collaboration.
Discussion with the school about this post is highly recommended. If you would like to discuss this post further, please contact Karen Sheargold, Headteacher on (01440) 702376 or email: email@example.com
Alternatively, an application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return completed applications by email to Hayley Jobson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 29 October 2018.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions.