- Gorseland Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 19 March 2019 12:00 PM
Fixed term until July 2020.
Required from September 2019.
Job shares are welcome.
With the temporary expansion of the Specialist Support Centre (SSC) we are seeking to appoint an experienced teacher to work as part of the strong team within the SSC.
In our most recent Ofsted report (December 2017), it stated:
'Pupils in the school's specialist support centre are supported very well and make excellent progress.'
'Pupils in the specialist support centre have provision that clearly identifies their needs and ensures their individual progress.'
'Pupils in the unit arrive with low levels of attainment. They make excellent progress within a year of joining the school. Progress in speaking and listening and in social and emotional development are particularly strong.'
We would like to recruit a teacher who:
- has knowledge and experience of mainstream teaching and SEND
- has excellent teaching skills particularly in early literacy and numeracy
- is skilled in managing and understanding behaviour
- has the ability to work as part of a team
- is flexible, enthusiastic, skilled and committed to working with children with SEND
- has the ability to plan and deliver a specialised curriculum to children with complex learning difficulties
- has knowledge of SEND strategies to help children develop to their full potential in all areas - social, emotional as well as academic.
Teachers with experience in Early Years or KS1, or NQTs who have specialised in SEND are welcome to apply.
Gorseland Primary School is an 'Outstanding' school (Ofsted, December 2017) in the Kesgrave / Martlesham area.
Visits are warmly welcomed, please contact Elizabeth Leonard on (01473) 623790 to arrange an appointment.
Find out more about the school on our website: www.gorseland.net
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Application forms should be returned to Elizabeth Leonard via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted directly to the school.
Interview date: 28 March 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.