- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- The Carnegie, Thetford
- Salary details:
- £25,991 (pro rata for part time)
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 05 April 2021 01:00 PM
£25,991 (pro rata for part time)
Fixed term to 31 December 2024 (funded post).
The Norfolk and Suffolk Brecks is a very special part of East Anglia with a unique heritage. Working with partners, communities and volunteers, the Brecks Fen Edge & Rivers Landscape Partnership will deliver 24 key projects to explore and celebrate its diverse landscape and history,
We are looking for a motivated self-starter to work as part of a small, dynamic team, to deliver an exciting programme of key events and activities that will engage new audiences and promote the heritage of the Brecks’ landscape
As a Volunteer and Engagement Officer you will:
- plan, co-ordinate and deliver a programme of innovative engagement opportunities and events for diverse audiences including the Health and Well-being Engagement programme
- set up an online volunteering hub, and support partners with volunteer recruitment and management across the scheme
- co-ordinate delivery of a programme of work placements and youth training opportunities
- maintain and promote the BFER-wide calendar of events and activities
- contribute to regular newsletters, social media and development of web content
- support the wider BFER team and liaise with partners as required to achieve the aims and objectives of the scheme within budget and on time.
In order to deliver project events and activities, this role will occasionally require that you work flexibly, including school holidays, weekends and evenings.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed below.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Nick Dickson on (01473) 264628.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.