- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Beacon House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 16 December 2019 11:30 PM
The Finance and Inclusion Advice Service (FIAS) works with vulnerable customers who are receiving services from social care due to long term and complex medical conditions.
We have a positive team culture and we maintain this by helping everyone to understand how they contribute to our team; we focus on the development of our staff and make communication a priority.
The service works within Adult Social Care to:
- carry out financial assessments to determine whether a customer is required to contribute towards the cost of their care
- administer and review Direct Payments, where customers have elected to arrange their own services
- support vulnerable customers with managing their finances as either Appointee or Deputy
- advise and support our customers to ensure they are receiving the benefits they are entitled to.
This is an interesting and varied role, relying on you having good customer service skills to provide financial support within our service and to clients and their representatives.
Duties will include:
- liaising with customers and their representatives and colleagues in social care to resolve queries
- managing and prioritising caseloads
- collating and processing information, identifying discrepancies and raising these appropriately
- preparing data to enable customers to be billed correctly for their care services.
You will need to:
- be able to work proactively, both as an individual and as part of a team
- have good attention to detail
- be able to communicate effectively with professionals, members of the team and public via telephone, in writing and face-to-face
- have the ability to use your own initiative
- be flexible in your approach to work and be emotionally resilient.
Training and ongoing mentoring for the role will be provided.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Sharon Thompson 07515 188468.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.