- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 19 May 2021 11:30 PM
- £18,933 pro rata for part time
- Part Time, 18.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Suffolk County Council (SCC) Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Family Services as a Business Support Officer, working from Endeavour House, Ipswich.
- provide administrative support to the team to ensure the effective delivery of our services
- have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- be an efficient user of IT and software packages
- use databases for accurate reporting and generating correspondence
- have strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work to ensure deadlines are met
- manage incoming telephone calls and emails on behalf of colleagues to ensure timely responses
- work as part of a busy proactive team to support Suffolk's children, young people and their families.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions, there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Paula Fuge on 07860 829668.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed at the bottom of this advert.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.