- Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £26,556 - £29,033 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- 23 February 2017
Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils operate a zero tolerance approach to fraud and corruption. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Corporate Fraud Investigation Officer to join the councils.
This would be an ideal opportunity for a Fraud Investigator ready to take the next step in their career.
The key responsibilities of this post will include:
- conducting comprehensive investigations into suspected and potential fraudulent cases in accordance with best practice relating to criminal and civil legislation
- developing and undertaking pro-active initiatives for the detection and investigation of fraud, theft, corruption and other irregularities
- acting as an Authorised Officer in accordance with the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud Act 2014
- maintaining a high standard of investigation
- attending Crown, Magistrates and County Courts and disciplinary hearings to give evidence when required.
You will possess excellent interviewing skills as well as the ability to work well under pressure and undertake surveillance in line with criminal regulations. You must also have operational experience in all aspects of fraud investigation, including joint-working with colleagues from partner and multi-agency organisations.
Good technical knowledge of public sector legislation such as POSFA, PACE, CPIA and RIPA, Bribery Act, Money Laundering Legislation and Prevention of Social Housing Act 2014 will be essential to this role, as well as possessing the Professionalism in Security qualification (or equivalent).
In return, we can offer great opportunities for training and development. We want you to stay with us for the long-term, so we will give you all the support we can to build a great career with our organisation. There is also a superb benefits package including flexible working options and purpose built brand new office accommodation, as well as a generous leave entitlement, pension scheme and free car parking.
This post is subject to a DBS Enhanced check.
For an informal discussion, please call Sheila Mills-James, Corporate Fraud Manager on (01394) 444292.
An application pack can be downloaded on the right.
To apply, please return your completed form to: HR@eastsuffolk.gov.uk
Closing date: 1pm, 23 February 2017.
Interview date: 6 March 2017.