- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 02 November 2020 01:00 PM
£25,991 - £33,782 pa
Fixed term/secondment opportunity for 2 years.
You will be located with Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service working direct to the Suffolk Resilience Forum (SRF) Partnership Manager. The SRF is seeking an individual who has an innovative approach to the role with a proven ability to review and apply policies/plans in line with changing organisational needs.
Duties include but are not limited:
- developing and preparing contingency plans and procedures for the response to Brexit (UK leaving the European Union), ensuring readiness for an effective response in line with government direction and the SRF governance framework
- liaison with external departments (government etc) to ensure co-ordinated local resilience response to the Brexit planning process
- providing a central reporting procedure and periodic reports highlighting impact, risks, concerns and actions for MHCLG and the SRF
- monitoring of Brexit related incidents including activation of the SRF plan
- coordination of work across emergency response organisations
- communicating on collective emergency preparedness arrangements.
You will need excellent organisation skills working flexibly with rapidly changing priorities, under pressure, prioritising workloads and communicating effectively.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Ian Mallet on (01473) 265682 or email: email@example.com
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
Interview date: w/c 9 November 2020
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity