- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 11 May 2021 11:30 PM
- £18,933 pro rata for part time
- 18.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Suffolk County Council (SCC) School Admissions Team as a Free School Meals Adviser, working from Endeavour House, Ipswich.
As a Free School Meals Adviser, you will play a key role in the busy school admissions team. You will be responsible for processing applications for free school meals and providing all customers with a prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service.
You will be passionate about making a difference to families, getting it right first time and putting the customer at the heart of everything that we do.
You will need:
- a positive and proactive approach with a willingness to support change when necessary
- excellent communication and IT skills with experience in Microsoft Office software and accurate keyboard skills for data entry
- the ability to communicate with customers in a clear and sensitive manner, show empathy and resolve conflict effectively through a range of mediums including telephone, digital and written correspondence
- excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to prioritise work to achieve deadlines and team objectives.
Travelling requirements for your role
Infrequent Travel - This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions, there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Francesca Randell on (01473) 265975
Due to the present situation with Covid-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are currently being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager named in this advert.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required.