- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £18,426 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 14.8 per week
- Closing date:
- 05 December 2019 11:30 PM
Suffolk County Council are currently recruiting for an Assessment and Progress (A&P) Assistant to support the A&P Co-ordinator to achieve targets and goals for the Assessment Centre.
In Suffolk, we are building a team that can deliver services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities that are among the best and most innovative in England. You will need to have the highest standards, be able to deliver change quickly and be willing to give your all.
In return, you will have the satisfaction of being part of a strong and vibrant service that makes a real difference for children and young people every day.
- carry out 1:1 and small group assessments with young people of a variety of ages
- support to oversee referrals into the centre, ensuring they are dealt with in a timely manner, liaising with the relevant professionals from a variety of services
- be organised, efficient and methodical to ensure assessments are accurately marked and recorded for reporting processes
- be a motivated individual with the ability to engage with a variety of different stakeholders, whilst maintaining a keen eye for detail
- have the ability to manage a number of conflicting priorities whilst ensuring services are delivered in a timely fashion (this will be a key priority for the post).
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion please contact Denise Redford on 07545 082896.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.