- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £16,630 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 01 May 2019 01:00 PM
Schools' Choice work across our seven service areas, supporting all aspects of educational management in schools.
Our service areas are Education Services, Children Services, Governor Services, Human Resources, Finance Services, ICT Services and Business Services.
We're based in Suffolk and our customers, schools and academies, are based locally, regionally and nationally. Our customers give us consistently excellent feedback on the services we provide.
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Pensions & Payroll Customer Service Advisor to join our team, based in Ipswich. If you have a passion for delivering excellent customer service and want to make the difference, then apply for this role today.
You responsibilities will include:
- following appropriate processes, systems and procedures when dealing with customer enquiries
- using spreadsheets and accurately inputting data into specialised systems
- accurately generating responses to telephone and written transactions
- updating operating systems or data bases accurately and in line with the agreed processes and protocols
- using your initiative to solve problems whilst following policy guidelines
- developing appropriate levels of knowledge relevant to service area in order to ensure resolution rates at first point of contact are as high as possible
- assisting in the smooth operation of the service by supporting others in resolving customer issues, when required
- completing basic day to day tasks within the payroll and pensions teams.
- have knowledge and understanding of the principles of excellent customer service
- have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- be proficient with everyday IT packages, including Microsoft Excel or equivalent
- be able to use your initiative to find information from other sources to resolve a problem or situation
- be able to understand and interpret policies and procedure documents to provide customer support
- have excellent organisational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritise work to achieve a multitude of deadlines, over a short period of time.
In return, we will offer you:
- a minimum of 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- a company pension scheme
- a staff high street discount card scheme.
For more information about us, please visit our website: www.schoolschoice.org/our-services
If you would like an informal chat about the role, please call Jo Featherstone on (01473) 2600010.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Jo Featherstone at: email@example.com