- L'Arche Ipswich
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £18,636* pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 05 April 2019 12:00 PM
Based on Woodbridge Road, Ipswich.
L'Arche Ipswich has an exciting opportunity for a Deputy House Animator (Deputy Team Leader) to join the team in Ipswich.
L'Arche is one of an international federation of 143 faith-based communities where a variety of options are offered to meet a range of needs among people with learning disabilities. L'Arche is a place where all involved can learn good care for each person and explore all that makes us fully human.
We support a wide range of people with learning disabilities in our Supported Living Services. Like other support providers we are regulated and inspected to ensure a high quality of provision.
We are looking for someone who:
- is confident, loyal and proactive, preferably with previous experience of working with those with learning disabilities or as a leader
- is flexible and dedicated
- has an interest in the spiritual and religious needs of individuals
- will work in accordance with the values of L'Arche, where each person is valued and encouraged to build relationships with one another, and to develop their own potential.
The role involves:
- supporting the House Animator (House Leader) in managing and developing a house where those with learning disabilities and assistants live together (the Deputy need not live in). This means organising and providing their support and building relationships. This also involves a large part of the care administration such as planning the weekly rota.
- ensuring a lively, upbeat, positive and motivated atmosphere within the house, along with the House Animator and the Community Leader
- developing a spirit of cooperation in the assistant team. Encouraging, motivating and listening to their needs
- enabling and co-leading regular meetings such as team meetings and house meetings.
What we offer:
- Hours will include at least two evenings a week and some split shifts
- 28 days paid holidays (including bank holidays) given in the first year, rising to 33 days in the second
- Excellent training and induction given on commencement in post
- You will be subject to 2 references and a fully enhanced DBS.
* rising to £19,260 after completion of one year.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
For further information, and to return completed application forms, please contact Emily Nunn: Emily.email@example.com