- Suffolk Sight
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £10 - £10.50 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 25 September 2020 01:00 PM
12 hpw, Monday – Thursday.
Fixed term for 12 months, subject to a 3-month probationary period.
Based in Ipswich.
You are responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the community engagement programme and general office administration.
- act as the initial point of contact for members and external agencies who contact the office by telephone or at a drop-in session
- post handling and onward distribution as required
- manage room bookings for the Tower Street office, including diary management and liaison for training and demonstration sessions
- respond to third-party requests for general information about the charity
- assist in the development of a communications strategy for external audiences
- manage a programme of communication with external stakeholders, third-party organisations and our district committees, including the creation and distribution of suitable, tailored messages
- manage local stocks of promotional, informational, resource centre and general office materials and distribute as required
- develop and maintain relationships with relevant external stakeholders as identified in the communications strategy
- assist in the development and implementation of community engagement activities and outreach
- maintain external contact and mailing lists
- provide remote admin cover for the Bury St Edmunds office during times of leave etc.
- facilitate the monthly coffee mornings and group sessions held at Tower Street
- cash handling and banking as directed by the Financial Controller
- other administrative duties as required by the organisation
- provide support for the other staff and activities of the charity as necessary
- undertake any appropriate training as agreed by the Trustee Board and take responsibility for own professional development/training.
This job description may be updated by the Trustee Board of Suffolk Sight from time to time in order to meet the changing requirements of the job. Other duties may occasionally be required in line with the purpose and level of responsibility of the post.
- Termination of the post requires 4 weeks’ notice on either side.
- Holiday entitlement of 4 per annum pro rata plus Bank Holidays.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the Chief Executive, Suffolk Sight, Disability Resource Centre, 4 Bunting Road, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP32 7BX