- Survivors in Transition
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 30 November 2020 12:00 PM
- £30,000 pa
- Fixed term for 12 months.
Survivors In Transition have been supporting survivors of sexual violence throughout Suffolk for 10 years. We are looking for an exceptional individual to assist the CEO in delivering our strategic plan and managing day to day aspects of the charity to ensure efficiency and value for money for our funders and stakeholders; as well as managing growth and sourcing development opportunities. You will be highly motivated and organised, demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence and ability to innovate. You will have worked across sectors and understand the value and uniqueness of the third sector. You will possess some finance / bid writing, HR and publicity experience. You will be confident and well presented, used to representing a group or organisation at a strategic level. We have a reputation for delivering quality, caring and user led services. As a part of a small team you will demonstrate a roll up your sleeves attitude and be solutions focused in your approach.
- work closely with the CEO to deliver services and strategy to a high standard and manage day to day aspects of the charity.
- work closely with and support CEO to deliver organisational objectives, mission and strategy
- develop and update annual project plans in line with our strategy with clear deadlines and map progress against milestones
- work with accountant to prepare annual budgets and track spending throughout the year
- oversee supplier contracts and secure best value for money
- scope potential funding and business opportunities with grant and philanthropic funders and the private sector
- coordinate the drafting of funding proposals and monitoring reports
- keep abreast of relevant programme activity, developments and priorities in order to maximise opportunities
- produce status and financial reports and ensure comprehensive analysis of new business activity / efficiency
- coordinating and planning publicity, awareness raising and overseeing social media campaigns
- capitalising and continuing to develop effective virtual office systems and using technology to minimise administration and maximise efficiency
- liaise with IT providers and continue to develop our systems and client management
- analysis and collation of performance data and KPIs
- liaise with HR consultant ensuring staff processes, contracts and working conditions are compliant and consistent with SiT’s ethos
- overseeing staff appraisal, training needs, CPD, feedback and review processes
- oversee and continue to deliver staff wellbeing and rewards programs
- coordinating our service user group.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Achieved a consistent and good standard of education, with a qualification in business administration, finance / fundraising or a related business discipline highly desirable
- Experience and knowledge of the VCSE sector
- Experience and understanding of general finance and understanding of Charity SORP
- A good understanding of the issues facing survivors of sexual violence, the criminal justice system and relevant current national strategies and initiatives
- Some HR experience / knowledge and staff management
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbally, with the ability to take notes of meetings, prepare brief reports
- Ability to interrogate data
- Knowledge of regulations governing charities or the ability to learn.
- Awareness of data protection regulations and how they might affect a small charity.
For an informal discussion only, please email: email@example.com requesting an appointment with the CEO.
To apply, please send a covering email detailing why you’re the right person for the job and your up to date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a full application form and submit a video presentation for consideration