- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 08 December 2019 11:30 PM
An opportunity has arisen to join our busy Business and Finance Team working within Adult Community Services. You will be working towards a Level 3 Business and Administration qualification.
We are seeking an organised, motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent IT skills. This is an ideal opportunity for those wanting to gain experience in the public sector and learn a variety of financial and administrative skills.
Your duties will include:
- dealing with enquiries by telephone, email and in writing from members of the public, staff and other organisations
- updating computerised records
- processing payments
- dealing with incoming and outgoing mail.
- be enthusiastic, focused and motivated to take on this challenging role
- work in a mobile and flexible way promoting Suffolk County Council's policies.
In return, we offer:
- generous annual leave entitlements and high street discount scheme
- valuable work based skills from day one
- multiple training courses and development opportunities to add to your CV.
Apprenticeships have changed, there is now no upper age limit on being an apprentice and we welcome applications from anyone who is interested in starting or further developing their career in this area. For more information on who is eligible to apply for an apprenticeship please click here.
The Job and Person Profile and Apprenticeship Recruitment Brochure contain a range of information that you will find useful in applying for this job so please ensure you read them. The position described is what you would be working towards while you complete your apprenticeship.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal discussion, please contact Sharon Turner on (01473) 265623 or 07860 831767.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.