- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 20 June 2021 11:30 PM
- £18,933 (pro rata for part time)
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed term up to 69 months
Are you looking to develop your career in highway engineering?
Suffolk Highways are offering 2 opportunities to join our Degree Apprenticeship Scheme with fully supported study to gain a BA (Hons) Degree in Civil Engineering. This will involve time attending Suffolk New College in Ipswich on day release.
As part of your learning you will be based in various teams across Suffolk Highways to develop a range of skills and knowledge to then specialise in one team.
Additional training will be available through a planned training and development programme.
You will need:
- to demonstrate an enthusiasm and commitment to learn in your own time
- three level 3 qualifications including Maths and Physical Science or a level 3 apprenticeship as a Civil Engineering Technician
We have a great benefits package including:
- flexible working options to support you, your work-life balance and career
- a generous leave entitlement
- contributory pension scheme
- public transport discounts and season ticket loan scheme
- company discount scheme
- a wide range of staff support networks and representative bodies.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role, you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means
Please note there is no guarantee of a permanent position. We believe that the experience you will gain throughout your apprenticeship will significantly enhance your ability to find employment inside or outside our organisation.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Sally Dickerson on (01473) 264269 or Guy Smith (01284) 741361.
Interview date: w/c 5 July 2021.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting managers above.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.