- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Constantine House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 25 September 2019 01:00 PM
Fixed term up to two years.
Have you started a career in finance and want to develop your career?
Are you prepared to study and work?
We have an apprenticeship opportunity in our Finance Department, where you will work towards and complete a Level 3/4 AAT qualification.
Apprenticeships have changed, there is now no upper age limit on being an apprentice and we welcome applications from anyone who is interested in starting or further developing their career in this area. For more information on who is eligible to apply for an apprenticeship please click here.
You should have at least one year’s experience working with financial systems and have a strong desire and aptitude to learn.
- be enthusiastic, focused and motivated to take on this challenging role
- be organised with excellent IT, communication and analytical skills
- have at least 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 - 9 (Grade C and above) or equivalent including mathematics and English.
In return we offer:
- a fully funded and supported Level 3 or 4 AAT accountancy qualification, depending on your prior knowledge and experience
- generous annual leave entitlements and high street discount scheme
- valuable work-based skills from day one
- multiple training courses and development opportunities.
As a Finance Systems Specialist, your duties would include:
- identifying opportunities to improve service delivery through driving and implementing changes to financial systems, processes and procedures
- providing advice and assistance with financial system and process issues
- to help support the maintenance and delivery of the council’s financial systems.
For an informal discussion only please contact Tracey Woods on (01473) 265639 or 07720 210656.
The Job and Person Profile and Apprenticeship Recruitment Brochure contain a range of information that you will find useful in applying for this job so please ensure you read them. The position described is what you would be working towards while you complete your apprenticeship.
Please note there is no guarantee of a permanent position. We believe that the experience you will gain throughout your apprenticeship will significantly enhance your ability to find employment inside or outside our organisation.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.