- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Constantine House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 15 March 2020 11:30 PM
Fixed term for up to 2 years to undertake the apprenticeship.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Passenger Transport Unit as one of three new apprentices undertaking a Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship.
As part of a busy team, you will be carrying out a range of specialised administrative duties including producing bus service information, arranging bus stop infrastructure maintenance and school transport entitlement.
Your main activities and responsibilities will include:
- providing efficient administration, supporting teams, meetings and groups
- providing efficient and customer focused communications
- monitoring and maintaining shared email inboxes
- handling queries and distributing to colleagues as appropriate
- administering business processes and procedures
- providing cover for team members
- maintaining office records and filing systems, including electronic systems.
- have the desire to gain valuable work-based skills and experience
- possess excellent organisational and communication skills
- be a strong team player
- possess good knowledge and the ability to use everyday IT systems (i.e. Microsoft)
- work to set policies and procedures within deadlines
- have the determination to succeed in your qualification and in the workplace.
Apprenticeships have changed, there is now no upper age limit on being an apprentice and we welcome applications from anyone who is interested in starting or further developing their career in this area. For more information on who is eligible to apply for an apprenticeship please follow the link below.
The Job and Person Profile and Apprenticeship Recruitment Brochure contain a range of information that you will find useful in applying for this job so please ensure you read them.
The position described in the Job and Person Profile is what you would be working towards while you complete your apprenticeship.
For an informal discussion, please contact Julie Mitchell (01473) 265330 or Angharad Murray (01473) 265358.
Please note there is no guarantee of a permanent position. We believe that the experience you will gain throughout your apprenticeship will significantly enhance your ability to find employment inside or outside our organisation.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.