- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 25 November 2019 11:30 PM
Fixed term for 12 months.
In Suffolk, we are building a team that can deliver services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities that are amongst the best and most innovative in England. Our management team is passionate about transforming the experiences of Suffolk children, young people and their families.
We are seeking an Apprentice Local Offer Information Officer to join our SEND Web and Communications team. The Local Offer Information Officer is responsible for supporting the Website and Communications Manager in the effective communication of Suffolk’s Local Offer. The role is required to actively support providers of SEN provision to be self-sufficient in promoting their service through the Local Offer website in an accurate and timely manner.
This is an exciting opportunity for those wanting to gain experience in the public sector and learn a variety of IT and media skills.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- work with Local Offer providers to support their website entries
- participate in record management
- create content across a variety of media, including social media, web and print
- support advertising and marketing campaigns
- represent the local authority at events locally, regionally and nationally.
- be an organised, motivated and enthusiastic individual with a willingness to develop excellent IT and communication skills
- be willing to work towards gaining excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate at a variety of levels
- have enthusiasm for technology and creating great online experiences
- work in a mobile and flexible way promoting Suffolk County Council's policies
- have a Level 2 (GCSE or equivalent) English and mathematics qualification at Grade 4 (C) or above. You can still apply if you don’t already hold this level of qualification, but you must be willing to study to achieve this alongside the apprenticeship and before taking your end point assessment for the apprenticeship – full support and training will be provided to help you achieve this.
In return, we offer:
- a fully funded and supported Level 3 Junior Content Advisor Qualification
- generous annual leave entitlements and high street discount scheme
- valuable work-based skills from day one
- the opportunity to meet and work alongside other apprentices in the organisation
- multiple training courses and development opportunities to add to your CV.
Apprenticeships have changed, there is now no upper age limit on being an apprentice and we welcome applications from anyone who is interested in starting or further developing their career in this area. For more information on who is eligible to apply for an apprenticeship please visit: askhr.suffolk.gov.uk
The Job and Person Profile and Apprenticeship Recruitment Brochure contain a range of information that you will find useful in applying for this job so please ensure you read them. The position described is what you would be working towards while you complete your apprenticeship.
For an informal discussion, please contact Leigh Ramsey at: email@example.com or call (01473) 260871.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.