- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Constantine House, Ipswich
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 27 January 2021 11:30 PM
£38,705 pa (pro rata for part time)
We have 2 positions available, please advise in your application your preference for hours up to a maximum of 37 which is full time.
We are recruiting for 2 new Senior Auditor positions in our Internal Audit team which provides assurance to Senior Management and the Audit Committee that the County Council is operating in a controlled and ethical manner, meeting all legal and regulatory requirements. Internal Audit adopts a modern and forward-thinking approach to audit and assurance.
The Senior Auditor role will involve:
- delivering comprehensive and complex audit reviews, identifying risks, defending findings and recommending solutions
- advanced problem solving, analytical and project management skills
- ability to source, understand, distil and make actionable complex information
- advanced risk assessment skills
- excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to plan and prioritise multiple tasks including supervising and mentoring staff
- excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at Senior and Management Team levels.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Peter Frost, Head of Internal Audit, on (01473) 264247 or Sarah Collins, Senior Auditor, on (01473) 265681.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.