- Alpha Nurseries
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £24,720 pa.
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 05 June 2019 01:00 PM
Alpha nurseries are looking for someone to join their senior management team who will be based at our head office in Ipswich.
The role of Head of Logistics is a new role for the company but one that we feel is vital and will be very important within the company.
The Head of Logistics will have a strong focus on staff deployment within the company, scrutinise rotas and support managers to ensure that they have appropriate cover, review contracts and work closely with the operations director and marketing coordinator to support nursery managers to monitor occupancy levels and marketing campaigns.
This role would be ideal for a nursery manager looking for that next step in their career and who wishes to join a senior management team.
Job purpose and main responsibilities:
- Work with the Operations Director to support the Nursery Managers to monitor occupancy levels, ensuring that they are maximised
- Scrutinise rotas in advance and to ensure that legal ratios are being meet within in a setting
- Logistically plan and support managers to ensure that enough appropriate cover is available when they will be on annual leave or to cover sickness
- To review staff deployment in each setting and ensure that staff are deployed across the company as needed
- Working closely with the HR department around employment needs
- Reviewing contracts against future predicted finances and occupancy
- Develop Holiday planning with each of the managers around School holidays
- Closely monitor and ensure settings are keeping within the set baseline
- Authorise and decline additional hours requests and closely monitor usage
- Check rotas and support Managers to get the totals to the required amount. When this is not possible develop action plans to deal with this
- Support Managers with accurate funding data and submission
- Guide and monitor the monthly invoicing at each setting
- Lead and train staff in developing their financial skills
- Ensure accurate financial figures are submitted
- Monitor and audit nursery registered and local authority funding forms (PAF)
- Monitor and audit expenditure of EYPP and SEN funding
- Conduct 12 weekly manager supervisions or more if required
- Reviewing the nursery occupancy and identify available spaces
- Work alongside the marketing coordinator to ensure that the available spaces are being promoted and filled
- Looking at ways we can advertise spaces using various methods.
You will ideally have some management experience and a level 3 or above in Childcare. You will also need access to personal transport.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted childcare
- Free training and CPD with Noodle Now
- Perk Box discount
- Company progression opportunities
- Bank holidays and weekends off
- Dedicated mentor and senior support team.
To apply or if you would like more information, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (01473) 322600.
Alpha Nurseries are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the company expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
This post will be offered subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS and children's barred list check