- Orwell Housing
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £8.72 - £9.18 ph
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 14 August 2020 01:00 PM
At Orwell we have an inclusive culture and are absolutely passionate about our people. We are a Sunday Times Top 100 employer and a silver standard Investors in People accredited organisation.
We are looking for Relief Cleaners to join our team and to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained throughout Christchurch House, where we offer accommodation and support to young people at risk of homelessness.
You will undertake cleaning tasks in tenant rooms, communal and staff areas, including communal halls, stairways, sanitary accommodation kitchens, all in accordance with Orwell’s policies and procedures.
You will be responsible for:
- emptying of refuse bins and sacks
- ensuring all health and safety requirements are met
- laundering towels and linen
- ensuring all cleaning equipment is kept operational, including routine cleaning of washing machines, filters and reporting faults in a timely manner
- monitoring stock of cleaning materials and liaising with the service manager to ensure stock levels are maintained.
At Christchurch House, presentation is everything, so you will need to use your organisational and prioritising skills to manage your time carefully. You will also need good communication skills to ensure any issues are resolved or reported appropriately.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website: www.orwell-housing.co.uk
Interview date: w/c 17th August 2020
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.