- South Norfolk Council
- Place of work:
- Ketteringham Depot, Ketteringham
- Salary details:
- £8.44 - £8.68 per hour
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 31 March 2019 11:30 PM
Good at dealing with rubbish?
Are you a team player? Are you committed to health and safety? Can you give a great service to our customers? If the answer is yes, then read on…
What you could be part of:
Working at South Norfolk Council, you will be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver a high-quality service focussed on the needs of our customers. We need strong teams to achieve this and our success is a reflection of our people - so being a great organisation depends on us having great people.
What you will be doing:
You will provide an efficient and reliable street cleaning across the district. You will be working as part of a highly visible, public facing team to ensure standards are met and the litter bins and dog bins are regularly emptied, fly tips are cleared quickly, toilets are cleaned to a high standard and the roads and lanes in South Norfolk are litter picked to keep South Norfolk looking clean and attractive.
- have a current driving licence to 3.5 tons
- be physically fit and able to work outside in all weather conditions
- have an understanding of the importance of health and safety and the ability to work safely
- have the ability to create a really good impression on our customers and enhance the reputation of the Council
- have the ability to work as part of a team and independently to achieve the high standards we set for our services
- be able to work flexibly to cover weekend work on a rota basis.
What’s in it for you:
Our package includes employer pension contributions of 15%, performance related pay up to 4%, 23 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees), compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need. As Platinum Investors in People you will have regular reviews with your line manager and a personal development plan. We also support towards volunteering days in the community and encourage staff to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Simon Game on (01508) 533856 to answer these for you.