- St Mary-le-Tower Church
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £17,000 - £19,000 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 09 December 2019 01:00 PM
16 hpw, Monday - Friday, 8.30am -11.30am and Saturday 8.30am - 9.30am.
Required from December 2019, a caretaker to work at our community building at 17 Tower Street in Ipswich.
Duties will include:
- unlocking the building
- cleaning communal areas (including toilets and kitchenettes)
- routine office cleaning and the car parking areas outside
- preparing meeting rooms in line with clients’ requirements
- carrying out general maintenance including painting and decorating
- and carrying out PAT testing (for which appropriate training will be provided).
To be successful in this post, you will:
- be honest, reliable and able to work on your own initiative
- have proven experience of cleaning, good DIY and premises skills
- be physically mobile and able to plan and carry out general maintenance and janitorial duties competently
- have some knowledge of health and safety at work legislation
- have good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with clients and members of the public.
As you may be required to carry out some occasional caretaking work within the church you need to have sympathy with the aims and culture of the Church of England, be comfortable in a multicultural environment and be willing to have a DBS check.
For more information or for an application pack, please email: email@example.com or call (01473) 280822.
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send to: Sonia Docherty, Parish Office, 17 Tower Street, Ipswich, Suffolk IP1 3BE.