- Disability Advice Service - East Suffolk
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 17 May 2021 01:00 PM
- £26,481 pro rata
- 30 hpw.
- Based at the DAS Office, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich.
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced and dedicated professional to join our team.
During the last 12 months, DAS has taken a proactive approach to the COVID 19 pandemic. When the country went into lockdown in March 2020, we recognised the potentially damaging effects this would have for our clients and set about creating new ways of working, investing in new technology and systems, and developing our practice further; to ensure that our clients were able to still get the very best possible advice and support during this unprecedented time.
In addition to advice and benefits application work, we encounter a significant number of clients in crisis and represent service users at benefits tribunals.
We anticipate that you will be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Extensive experience of welfare benefits – including applications, laws and recent updates - with particular reference to people with disabilities and their families/carers.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to vulnerable people.
- Experience of organising and delivering training.
- Experience of networking with peer organisations and developing relationships.
- A commitment to working within safe working procedures and experience of safeguarding protocols.
- Excellent all-round communication and advocacy skills; a non-judgemental, problem-solving attitude and a passion for helping people achieve their full potential.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Ability to manage a high workload in a fast-paced environment.
Additionally, the following would be desirable:
- Experience of working with or managing volunteers.
- Knowledge or experience of housing related issues, other support and advice agencies and disability rights.
- Knowledge of employment/education issues or solutions affecting people with disabilities.
For further information and an informal discussion contact Jo Bowen, Manager on (01394) 330639 (Monday – Thursday) or email: email@example.com (Monday – Friday).
DAS is an equal opportunities employer - we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Those wishing to apply for this position should send their CV and a covering letter, of no more than 2 sides of A4, detailing how you meet the above criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We intend to interview suitable candidates on a rolling basis, so this vacancy may be withdrawn at short notice. Interested parties should therefore apply without delay.
Please note: previous candidates need not apply.