- Lapwing Education
- Place of work:
- See advert details
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 09 September 2021 01:00 PM
- £32,000 - £48,000 pro rata*
- 30 - 37.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (no additional hours necessary).
- Required from September 2021 or January 2022 (depending on notice period).
- Peripatetic role - across Suffolk.
* Actual: £27,446 - £41,170 pa
- Are you an outstanding teacher?
- Are you looking for a different challenge outside the classroom?
- Are you searching for an organisation which believes strongly in the holistic development of young people?
- Do you want to work for a student-centred provision which offers highly personalised and exciting learning opportunities?
- Are you keen to develop your capabilities tutoring students with complex needs?
- Do you have a car and are you willing to drive to work with students within Suffolk?
This is ideally a full time position, but part time appointments (minimum 30 hours per week) are possible for the right candidate(s). The post is peripatetic covering education programmes delivered across Suffolk.
Lapwing continues to grow and strengthen its peripatetic Education Team in Suffolk and is looking for an additional Lead Tutor to model best practice tutoring of young people with special educational needs. This role may involve tutoring in both a 1:1 and small group capacity, while also programme managing all aspects of specific students’ programmes as the main point of contact for families and funders.
- lead on the delivery, implementation and monitoring of new initiatives or have oversight of a curriculum area (e.g. literacy or numeracy lead)
- be an outstanding teacher from any age range with robust knowledge and experience of teaching, assessing and working with young people with special educational needs
- have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to lead a team and model best practice and creative approaches to colleagues.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate as the organisation continues to expand its operations across East Anglia.
Lapwing is a specialist education provider and charity, working with young people (aged 4-25 years old) facing exclusion from education, employment and the community through social, emotional, behavioural or learning difficulties and disabilities. Lapwing delivers a broad range of highly personalised education programmes and projects that are designed to meet the needs of, and help realise the aspirations of, each student.
For an informal chat, telephone Will Fletcher, CEO and Head of Education, on 07501 969099
For an application pack, please visit: lapwingeducation.co.uk
Please return all completed applications by email to Kirsty Burgess, Education Support Administrator, via email@example.com
Interview date: w/c 13 September 2021.
Appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Lapwing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.