- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £25,295 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 07 August 2020 12:00 PM
Fixed term for 12 months. 4 positions available. Full and part time hours considered.
Within the Localities and Partnerships Team at Suffolk County Council a new Community Intervention Team is being set up as part of the Public Health response to Covid-19. The work of this team will include delivering advice and support to community members and groups; undertaking contact tracing; plus, liaising with workplaces, factories, shops, cafes, places of worship, education settings and any other appropriate settings.
In addition, the team will seek opportunities to engage communities in wider health inequalities and prevention, including referrals into health services such as weight management and smoking cessation, plus equalities and inclusion topics. Where possible activities will be co-produced with communities.
Please note the following:
- The roles will involve face to face engagement in communities and settings across Suffolk; this is expected to include some evening and weekend activities.
- You will have a sound working understanding of the social and cultural influences on different vulnerable and minority communities in Suffolk and the ability to engage with community members from Black,Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
- Shortlisted candidates will need to complete a risk assessment to ensure that they do not have any risk factors that would preclude them from undertaking the role before the appointment is confirmed.
- Due to the nature of these roles please ensure that you would be available to start in post from 17 August before applying.
- This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
There are also additional posts available in the newly formed Community Intervention team. If you would also like to be considered for additional positions, please look at the adverts and Job and Person Profiles fully, and then state your interest in your application for this post, you do not need to apply again.
SCC05415 Community Intervention Support Officer
SCC05417 Senior Community Intervention Officer
Secondment or redeployment opportunities are an option for internal SCC candidates. If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Allison Coleman on (01473) 265160 or email: email@example.com
Interview date: 11-13 August 2020
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.