- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £18,426 (pro rata for part time)
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 07 August 2020 11:30 PM
Are you passionate about giving children and young people who have experienced emotional health and well-being difficulties a voice to shape services?
Perhaps you have used Children’s Mental Health services yourself and could bring your experiences into this post to help influence change?
We are looking for a Young People's Mental Health Champion who is enthusiastic and motivated to develop and improve the support available, to join us on an 18 Month Fixed Term Contract. This exciting opportunity, sponsored by the NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), is to be part of developing co-production and engagement opportunities with children and young people across East & West Suffolk.
- work alongside Co-Production Adviser colleagues
- use your proven skills and experience to build a sustainable network of children and young people who have experienced emotional health and well-being difficulties, or who have an interest in co-producing children’s emotional health and well-being services
- focus on gaining their views, based on their lived experiences, and enable their voices to inform the development of services as part of the Children’s Mental Health Transformation Plan in Suffolk
- support them to get involved with decision makers and to collaborate with other co-production groups, for example, children in care, care leavers or young people with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities)
- work with other Children’s Services teams, public and community sector partners who provide health, education and care support services for children and young people, to support making co-production a key part of their practice and service delivery.
Although sponsored by the CCGs the post sits within Suffolk County Council’s Engagement Hub.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Julia Ilott on 07717 302625.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.