- Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils
- Place of work:
- Riverside, Lowestoft
- Salary details:
- £7,138 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term One year
- Closing Date
- 29 July 2018
Fixed term for one year.
Based in Lowestoft.
Looking to kick-start your career in local government? Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils have an established and successful apprenticeship scheme, which has seen over 70% of its apprentices stay on beyond their apprenticeships to develop promising careers with the councils. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can earn money as well as gaining experience and a recognised qualification, then look no further.
A unique opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our busy ICT team. This apprenticeship opportunity could be your ideal first step on the career ladder in the Information Technology field. As a council apprentice you can expect to work alongside experienced staff, gain job-specific skills, industry recognised qualifications and a solid foundation to build your future career within ICT.
You will be part of the ICT Service Desk team and provide a central point of contact for all users. Duties will include first line technical support for all ICT desktop technology, telephony and printing solutions.
We are looking for:
- enthusiasm for a career in IT
- a basic understanding of the main hardware and software components of a PC
- the ability to communicate professionally with colleagues at all levels, both internally and externally
- the ability to work as part of a team and support colleagues
- the ability to cope with a demanding workload
- someone prepared to accept responsibility for their own actions
- a willingness to learn new skills
- the ability to be accurate and methodical
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including mathematics and English.
So, what can we offer you in return?
- A fully funded and supported Level 3 ICT qualification and a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) qualification
- Generous annual leave entitlements and high street discount scheme
- Valuable work-based skills from day one
- The opportunity to meet and work alongside other apprentices in the organisation
- Multiple training courses and development opportunities to add to your CV.
The 2017 apprentices have worked together this year to create a video to tell you a little bit about their experience of being an apprentice at East Suffolk Councils.
We are excited to announce we will be holding recruitment open evenings this year to give you the opportunity to meet the teams, and ask any questions you have about the application process or the apprenticeship qualification.
The open evenings will be taking place on the following dates:
- 16 July: 5pm - 6.30pm, Riverside Offices, 4 Canning Road, Lowestoft NR33 0EQ
- 19 July: 5pm - 6.30pm, East Suffolk House Offices, Riduna Park, Station Road, Melton, Woodbridge IP12 1RT.
If you would like to attend the open evening sessions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the open evening date you would like to attend.
For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact Kevin Hallam on (01502) 523291.
If you think you could bring enthusiasm, fresh ideas and a different perspective to our councils, we would like to hear from you.
Interview date: w/c 13 August 2018.