- Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils
- Place of work:
- Riverside, Lowestoft
- Salary details:
- £27,358 - £37,107 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing Date
- 17 February 2019
On 1 April 2019, we will become East Suffolk Council – a new super district authority, replacing Suffolk Coastal and Waveney. We will be the largest district council in the country, providing high-quality services to a quarter of a million people across east Suffolk. East Suffolk is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people’s lives. We are committed to improving the quality of life for everyone living in, working in and visiting east Suffolk.
We are looking for an Environmental Health Officer / Food and Safety Officer to join our Food and Safety Team. You will be based at our Lowestoft office but travel throughout east Suffolk will be a requirement of this role. We work flexibly, have a hot desk working environment and allow home working.
Your role will be to deliver the full range of statutory services for which we are responsible for enforcing in relation to occupational health and safety, food safety and hygiene, infectious disease control and skin piercing registration.
- be a tutor for our food safety and occupational health and safety training course programme
- hold the essential qualifications set out in the job description and have detailed knowledge of legislation, Codes of Practice and associated guidance
- have the ability to use initiative, investigate, make sound judgements and take a range of risk-based proportionate interventions
- demonstrate an ability to apply our Compliance and Enforcement Policy in the regulation of individuals and businesses and support better regulation, reduce regulatory burdens on business and support economic growth
- be an excellent team player, who is enthusiastic, self-motivated and passionate about delivering high-quality customer service
- have a good eye for detail and be committed to delivering continuous improvement in processes and practices.
In return, we can offer great opportunities for training and development. We want you to stay with us for the long-term, so we will give you all the support we can to build a great career with our organisation. There is also a superb benefits package including flexible working options and purpose built brand new office accommodation, as well as a generous leave entitlement, discount scheme, pension scheme and free car parking.
Please read the job description and person specification before applying for this job.
For an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact Mark Sims, Food and Safety Manager on (01394) 444356.
Interview date: 4 March 2019.