- East Suffolk Council
- Place of work:
- Riverside, Lowestoft or East Suffolk House, Melton
- Salary details:
- £7,524 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing Date
- 09 June 2019 01:00 PM
18 month training contract
Based in Lowestoft or Melton near Woodbridge (dependent on applicants preference).
Apprenticeship start date: 16th September 2019.
Looking to kick-start your career in local government? East Suffolk Council has an established and successful apprenticeship scheme, which has seen over 80% of its apprentices stay on beyond their apprenticeships to develop promising careers with the Council. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can earn money as well as gaining experience and a recognised qualification, then look no further!
A unique opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our Internal Audit team. This apprenticeship opportunity could be your ideal first step on the career ladder in the field of Internal Audit or Finance/Accounting.
Have you ever thought about how an organisation works, and how it ensures that its services are delivered consistently to the highest possible standard? Managers need to know that what they are responsible for is working well – Internal Audit is the team that tells them, by checking that appropriate procedures are in place and are being followed.
Your role will contribute towards the work of the Internal Audit team by assisting Auditors on a number of projects, speaking to services and confirming they are complying with Council policies, as well as by providing administrative support to the Internal Audit and Data Protection team. This will provide you with essential skills such as teamwork, quality assessment, communication, and financial analysis and review, as well as a full introduction to the breadth of work covered by a District Council.
You need to have an enquiring mind, good interpersonal skills, an aptitude for ICT and numbers, and a minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grades 4 -9/Grade C and above, or (or equivalent) including English and Maths. Most importantly, you will be innovative, organised, and enjoy solving problems, understanding how things works, and getting the best results for the Council. No previous experience is required, as full training will be provided.
So, what can we offer you in return?
- A fully funded and supported Level 3 Business Administration or AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians qualification (dependent on successful candidates preference)
- Generous annual leave entitlements and high street discount scheme
- Valuable work based skills from day one
- The opportunity to meet and work alongside other apprentices in the organisation
- Multiple training courses and development opportunities to add to your CV
- A supportive environment to develop your potential
- For the right candidate (and funding permitting), this could lead to an opportunity within the Internal Audit team for further training and support.
Some of our apprentices worked together to create a video to tell you a little bit about their experience of being an apprentice at East Suffolk Council. To watch their video, please click here.
We are excited to announce we will be holding recruitment open evenings this year to give you the opportunity to meet the team managers, and ask any questions you have about the application process or the apprenticeship qualification. The open evenings will be taking place on the following dates:
- 13th May 2019, 5pm – 6.30pm at the Riverside Offices (4 Canning Road, Lowestoft NR33 0EQ)
- 14th May 2019, 5pm – 6.30pm at the East Suffolk House offices (Riduna Park, Station Road, Melton, Woodbridge IP12 1RT).
If you would like to attend one of the open evening sessions, please email email@example.com advising us of the open evening date you would like to attend, along with your name and the name of anyone you will be bringing along with you.
For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact Laura Fuller, Internal Audit Manager, by calling (01394) 444562.
If you think you could bring enthusiasm, fresh ideas and a different perspective to East Suffolk Council, we would like to hear from you!
Interview date: w/c 1st July 2019.