- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- £8.75 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Various hours available
- Closing date:
- 31 January 2018 01:00 PM
About Home First
We are an in-house care agency who work on behalf of Suffolk County Council.
Home First assist people to regain and maintain their independence, allowing them to remain living independently in their own homes for longer.
You will be supporting people in their own home; either enabling them to regain their independence on a short-term basis or assisting people who require longer-term care.
What we offer you
- guaranteed hours* at either Full or Part Time hours**
- excellent rates of pay including enhanced rates for bank holiday
- free induction training
- free uniform and DBS (CRB) check
- free training including, Care Certificate and Level 2 Health and Social Care Qualification
- paid mileage (45p) and paid travel time
- refer a friend bonus (T&C’s apply)
- mobile phone
- wide range of benefits including; local authority pension, childcare vouchers, high street discounts and car lease scheme (T&C’s apply).
*Up to 32 hours, plus the possibility to work additional hours.
** Your availability for work will be within a maximum of three shifts on scheduled days of work, shifts are:
- 07:00 - 11:00
- 11:00 – 15:00
- 15:00 – 19:00
- 19:00 – 23:00
*** Evening and/or weekend working only.
- 8 or 9 day fortnight available
- 2 or 3 days per week including alternative weekends
What we're looking for from you
The ability to travel frequently in rural areas, so you must hold a full valid driving licence and have access to personal transport.
For an informal conversation about the positions we have available please call:
- North (Lowestoft) - Yvonne Blowers on (01502) 448709
- East (Coastal) - Susan Hughes on (01728) 652314
- Central (Mid) - Jo Huckle on (01449) 742848
- Ipswich/ South - Shelley Rout on (01473) 263273
- West - Rosemary Stebbing on (01284) 758561.
Please read the Job and Person Profile for this post before applying.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity. #HomeFirst