- 30 & 31
- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Landmark House, Ipswich
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 18 May 2021 11:30 PM
- £23,541 - £39,759 pro rata for part time
Post 1 (Ref 30): Trading Standards Officer
Grade 5/6 starting salary.
Post 2 (Ref 31): Trainee Trading Standards Officer
Grade 4/5 as per career progression pathway outlined in JPP.
You will be considered for the roles dependent on your qualifications and experience. Only the Trading Standards Officer role can be considered on a part time basis, because of the qualifications and training required for the trainee role.
We are committed to flexible working. To view the types of flexible or part time working available for this role, please see the Job and Person Profile.
Suffolk Trading Standards enjoys a well-earned reputation for achieving outstanding results which positively impact on the lives of Suffolk residents and businesses.
With a highly innovative and motivated team, we have a strong sense of purpose and a great ethos of mutual support. We are looking for an enthusiastic, qualified, Trading Standards Officer to bring their personality and skills to one of our highly-performing demand teams. By following ‘Systems Thinking’ principles, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Suffolk is a great place to live and work. It offers a safe and healthy environment with beautiful countryside, stunning coastline, and vibrant communities. In short, it is a truly wonderful county!
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- enforcing all areas of trading standards law
- responding to consumer complaints
- carrying out criminal investigations and inspections
- supporting local businesses and contributing to our Service priority initiatives.
All this work comes together to deliver our service vision of “A rogue-free Suffolk”.
You will need:
- Diploma in Trading Standards
- Diploma in Consumer Affairs and Trading Standards or equivalent
- to demonstrate excellent experience.
Alternatively, for the Trainee post you will:
- bring enthusiasm
- be self-motivated to learn and hold a degree, ideally in law or science-based subject to enable you to be supported to complete a Nationally recognised professional qualification, with a view to becoming a Trading Standards Officer.
We will offer you:
- flexible working hours and a commitment to the continuous development of our staff and service.
Travelling requirements for your role:
- Frequent Travel - This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role, you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
- Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed at the bottom of this advert.
Please read the Job and Person Profiles (JPPs) before you apply.
For an informal discussion about these roles, please contact Marc Titford on (01473) 264859.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.