- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- £30,785 (pro rata if part time)*
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- Various available
- Closing date:
- 06 March 2018 01:00 PM
Various placement locations are available within Suffolk County Council. Your work base can be negotiated.
Are you a Health Visitor with a lapsed Health Visiting Registration who is eager to return to the profession?
If so, an exciting opportunity is now available to undertake a Return to Practice Health Visiting Course through Suffolk County Council. If sufficient interest is received, this course may be offered by a local university, otherwise this training will be facilitated by an external education institution.
Working as a Health Visitor remains a uniquely rewarding role and in Suffolk County Council, Health Visitors work in an innovative multi-agency, team-focused approach with social care and children's centres.
This opportunity would enable you to have a profound impact on the lifelong health and wellbeing of young children and their families; helping them overcome the challenges they face by providing expert advice, information, assessments and interventions.
To take up this opportunity you will need:
- a qualified Health Visitor with a lapsed health visiting NMC registration
- a registered nurse or midwife with an active nurse or midwifery NMC registration
- the ability to relate to people of all ages and backgrounds
- excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
On renewal of your registration, we offer:
- a robust learning and development programme
- Solihull Approach Training to strengthen early intervention work with families
- peer supervision, management and child protection supervision
- training to assess family health needs
- a bespoke induction programme and preceptorship for those that are newly qualified.
You will be required to travel frequently in rural areas, so you must hold a full valid driving licence and have access to personal transport.
We understand the significant role that Health Visitors undertake. If you want to play your part in our service, then we welcome your application.
* you will initially be appointed as a Community Staff Nurse at Grade 5 £24,174 - £30,153 (with NMC registration, without NMC - a Family Support Practitioner at Grade 4 £19,430 - £24,964).
For further information or an informal discussion call Tara Saunders on 07415 799474.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.