- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- StowHealth, Stowmarket
- Salary details:
- £37,669 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 26.25 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 21 November 2019 11:30 PM
Fixed term / secondment opportunity for up to 12 months.
You will join our Named Nurse Safeguarding Children Team and work across the whole county, but primarily located in the west.
The role requires you to:
- have a high level of knowledge and understanding of the complexities of safeguarding children
- work as described in 'Working Together to Safeguard Children (HM Government) 2010'
- follow the generic framework as described in the 'Intercollegiate Document April 2010'
- have a key role in promoting good professional practice within SCC
- provide advice and expertise for fellow professionals
- have specific expertise in children’s health and development and child maltreatment
- support SCC in its clinical governance role
- conduct case reviews and ensure the resulting action plan are followed up
- ensure a safeguarding training strategy is in place and delivered.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Jacqueline Strahm 07713 391976.
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
Interview date: 29 November 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.