- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Constantine House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 27 January 2021 11:30 PM
- £20,903 pa
- 2 posts available
Do you have proven IT support experience (ideally from a Service Desk/Helpdesk background) and possess excellent customer service skills?
If so, read on:
We have two exciting opportunities to work on a busy, and varied Service Desk supporting customers across Suffolk. One moment you could be troubleshooting a user’s profile or connectivity issues, the next amending file permissions or performing file restores.
For this role you will have:
- demonstrable experience in providing excellent customer service
- experience in providing technical IT support either on the telephone or face-to-face
- some knowledge of Windows and Android Smartphones (desirable)
- problem solving skills and an analytical approach to your work
- the ability to remain calm and effective under pressure (essential)
- the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English (essential).
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Stu Robbie on (01473) 264537
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile.
Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.