- Ipswich Borough Council
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £28,785 - £30,507 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 21 January 2020 11:30 PM
Ipswich Borough Council is looking for a motivated individual who wants to join our busy ICT applications team.
Reporting directly to a Senior Systems Analyst, you will provide technical support for existing ICT systems, which are predominantly vendor supplied Oracle or SQL Server based solutions deployed on Windows servers. You will be responsible for IT application support activities including maintenance, administration and second / third line support.
Day to day:
- Resolve ICT application related incidents, service requests and problems in a timely and efficient manner in line with business requirements
- Provide advice and technical assistance to users in relation to the applications
- Employ appropriate application maintenance, support and incident management processes and procedures to support and maintain ICT applications, and to investigate and resolve ICT application related incidents
- Collaborate with other support teams and third party suppliers in the investigation and resolution of support requests and incidents
- Installation, configuration and administration of operating systems and application releases, updates and patches
- Maintain ICT application support technical documentation.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working in a professional ICT environment, ideally in roles involving application support
- Working knowledge and experience of Windows Servers and database solutions such as Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle
- Ability to use your own initiative and effectively resolve incidents when operating without supervision
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- The ability to accept responsibility and manage a varied workload
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- Self-motivation with a willingness to learn and develop
- Ability to use and understand scripting or development languages desired but not essential.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
For more information about this role, please contact Mark Leigh on (01473) 433889 or email: email@example.com
Apply online at: www.ipswich.gov.uk/jobs where you can complete the online application form for this vacancy.
Interview dates: 28 / 29 January 2020.