- Suffolk Libraries
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £8.42 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 03 July 2019 01:00 PM
Post 1: approximately 16 hpw on the following work pattern:
- Week 1 - Monday, Tuesday and Friday 10.30am - 2pm, Thursday 1pm – 7pm.
- Week 2 - Monday and Wednesday 10.30am – 2pm, Tuesday 8.45am – 2pm, Saturday 10.30am - 3.30pm.
Post 2: approximately 19 hpw on the following work pattern:
- Week 1 - Monday 8.45am - 1pm, Friday 8.45am - 5pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm
- Week 2 - Monday 9am - 6pm Tuesday 10.30am - 7pm, Friday 8.45am - 1pm.
A library does more than simply loan books. It underpins the community.
Could you help shape the vision for your local library?
Suffolk Libraries is an independent and charitable society which now runs Suffolk’s library service.
Our vision is to “transform lives through access to knowledge and resources, promote lifelong learning and strengthen communities by meeting their evolving needs.”
Our Libraries are looking for people who share this vision and want to join our team. We are interested in someone who:
- has an aspiration to deliver great customer service
- can demonstrate appropriate and effective communication skills with the aim of building positive and supportive relations with our customers, team and community
- can engage confidently with young people and is enthusiastic, keen and willing to deliver the programme of activities we offer including children’s activities and crafts
- is experienced with everyday IT packages and who could also offer guidance to customers
- has the ability to work as an effective team member
- understands Suffolk Libraries services and what it delivers.
If you have experience in a customer facing role, enjoy helping people, have a willingness to work within a team in a busy environment, experience of working with children and an interest in books and computers, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV along with a supporting statement outlining what you will bring to Suffolk Libraries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure to specify which post you are interested in.
Interview date: 16 July 2019.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.