- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 21 February 2020 11:30 PM
In Suffolk, we are building a team that can deliver services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities that are amongst the best and most innovative in England. Our management team is passionate about transforming the experiences of Suffolk children, young people and their families.
- be responsible for ensuring that sound operational delivery of commissioning activity is provided to relevant senior colleagues with a commissioning role at the direction of the Commissioning Manager
- ensure compliance with Suffolk County Council Commissioning and Contract Management Policy and Procedures, in line with Public Sector EU Procurement Legislation and the Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- be enthusiastic and pro-active to provide dedicated support to the Commissioning Manager
- have a keen eye for detail and be able to manage competing deadlines whilst ensuring a high level of accuracy
- lead a team that commission services
- monitor contracts and grant agreements within the Inclusion Service, this will include short breaks, residential respite, specialist education provision as well as newly developed services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- work as part of a dedicated team and contribute to the ongoing development of the commissioning team
- be able to build and maintain good working relationships, both internally within the council and externally with service providers and other stakeholders
- be required to work the occasional evening or weekend.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Chris Jacobs on 07711 908095.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.