- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 07 March 2021 11:30 PM
Fixed term/secondment opportunity initially until 30 June 2021.
Suffolk has published a Local Outbreak Control Plan (LOCP) which sets out how we would prevent and respond to a localised outbreak of COVID-19.
The plan, which was a requirement of Government to all local authorities, outlines measures to prevent, manage and contain outbreaks of Coronavirus and protect the public’s health. It builds upon existing relationships and processes in place with partner agencies across Suffolk.
Reporting to the LOCP Programme Head you will be part of a small team of LOCP Coordination Managers working closely with each other to deliver an effective and seamless operational service across 8am-8pm, 7 days a week, working on a rota basis.
This is an extremely important role and a fantastic opportunity to be part of the local response to COVID-19 in Suffolk.
The key objectives of the Suffolk Local Outbreak Control Plan are:
- To prevent spread of Covid-19 across Suffolk specifically within high risk settings and groups, ensuring data and surveillance systems are in place to enable intelligence-led prevention and outbreak management, systematically identifying populations and settings at higher risk in terms of spread and vulnerability to the effects of COVID-19 when infected and establishing effective prevention strategies for these settings and populations.
- Early identification and proactive management of outbreaks.
- Containing and suppressing outbreaks.
- Clarifying roles and responsibilities for all stakeholders.
- Coordinating resources across partner authorities, agencies, and stakeholders at local, regional and national level.
- Demonstrating to the public and stakeholders that the plan is being effectively delivered.
You will respond to incoming enquiries and requests for information and/or guidance, manage a framework of meetings, holding the work-streams across different services and organisations to account and support communication.
The role will be varied and challenging, and no two days are likely to be the same.
For further information please contact Alastair Read on (01473) 260538 or Alastair.email@example.com
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.