- Stowmarket High School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- 26 April 2019 10:00 AM
Required from September 2019.
Both NQTs and experienced teachers are welcome to apply.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher of Science, preferably with Physics as a specialism to teach KS3-5 classes and to develop and enthuse lifelong learners in Science. Working alongside the Director of Science and in collaboration with the science team, you will be able to show the motivation, organisation and commitment required to aid our students to achieve and excel.
You will be:
- an excellent teacher with consistently 'Good' or 'Outstanding' classroom practice
- have high expectations of yourself and others
- be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- have excellent subject knowledge
- encourage investigative and practical work in science to drive learning
- be flexible and a good team player with a good sense of humour.
In return we will offer you:
- a welcoming environment with supportive colleagues
- a strong focus on staff induction and ongoing professional development throughout the trust
- a consistent and supportive approach to behaviour for learning together
- an inspirational and motivated leadership. team
- the opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals
- a child care voucher scheme
- a commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance.
Stowmarket High School is situated in picturesque mid Suffolk with excellent commuter links to Cambridge, Ipswich and Norwich. We are an inclusive 11 - 18 Academy and part of Waveney Valley Academies Trust. Construction of a new school has commenced on our current site and we plan to move in to our new state of the art building in 2020.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website at www.stowhigh.com
Completed applications should be emailed to Michele Miall, Headteacher's PA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: w/c 29 April 2019.
Stowmarket High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.