- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £28,672- £35,536 (pro rata for part time)
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 31 October 2020 01:00 PM
Suffolk County Council is offering opportunities to qualified Occupational Therapists who wish to begin, return to or move forward in their careers.
In Suffolk County Council we recognize that our staff are our greatest asset and we strive to support them to be the best they can be – highly motivated and committed to our priorities of enabling the people of Suffolk to live long, healthy and fulfilling lives, while safeguarding the most vulnerable.
The aim for our services is to focus on early intervention, recovery and enabling people to live healthy and independent lives at home for as long as possible; exercising choice and control while ensuring safety, dignity, and quality of life. We are seeking enthusiastic Occupational Therapists with a positive outlook who are motivated to make changes to join our supportive team.
As a Social Care Occupational Therapist, you will hold a key role within a multidisciplinary team, comprising of other disciplines from both social care and health as we progress with integrated services and integrated neighbourhood teams.
There is an induction program as well as ongoing comprehensive training to support your personal and professional development. We also offer an innovative Newly Qualified Occupational Therapy Program, joint with Newly Qualified Social Workers.
As part of our Adult Service Team you will carry out high-quality assessments of physical, psychological, and environmental needs of adults and explore creative options to promote independence, wellbeing, and choice, within the statutory obligation of the directorate.
You will work with a wide range of adults and their carers living in the community with complex needs to support them in a variety of ways to maximize their potential, providing a role that is both fascinating and rewarding as well as challenging.
We are currently looking to recruit to the following posts:
- Post 1 – Learning Disabilities & Autism Team - based in Beccles (Part time 18.5 hours per week grade 6)
- Post 2 - Beccles Neighbourhood Team FT (Grade 6)
- Post 3 - Bury Town Neighbourhood Team– (Part time 18.5 hours per week grade 5)
- Post 4 - Haverhill Neighbourhood Team - (Grade 6)
- Post 5 - Mildenhall Neighbourhood Team - (Grade 5)
- Post 6 - Mildenhall Neighbourhood Team - (Grade 6)
Appointing you (based on your skills and experience) at either:
- Newly Qualified (Grade 5): £28,672 rising to experienced after completion of ASYE
- Experienced (Grade 5): £30,451 - £32,237
- Senior OT (Grade 6): £32,910 - £35,536
Please clearly indicate on your application which post / posts you are applying for.
Your benefits include:
- All new occupational therapists moving to Suffolk have access to a relocation package of up to £8,000 and a car leasing scheme.
- We offer an excellent annual leave package subject to length of service.
- Flexible working options available to support you, your work-life balance and career.
As an organisation we positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and often rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving license and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
A relevant Occupational Therapy qualification and HCPC registration is essential.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Fiona Smith on 07872 421566.
To apply please submit you CV and complete a short application.
Your application will be assessed when you submit it and potentially interviewed prior to the closing date.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.