- Development Team
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- See Advert Details
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 25 October 2020 11:30 PM
£35,485 - £40,770 pa
Do you have a passion and vision to help shape future for growth and planning in South Norfolk and Broadland District Councils?
Do you want to join a busy and enthusiastic planning team and deal with a wide range of planning applications and develop your planning career with two ambitious authorities? Do you enjoying influencing and shaping future development proposals to improve the place we live and work in? Do you want to build on your planning knowledge by dealing with a wide range of planning applications or help deliver our growth proposals through the preparation, implementation and communication of the Councils’ policies and strategies?
Then read on...
What you could be part of…
Working as one team across two Councils you will be part of a dynamic multi-disciplined development management team which is facilitating and encouraging the delivery of growth to a high standard. The role offers the unique opportunity to work across a geographical area rich in heritage assets, based at two office locations in Norwich and Long Stratton.
Working at the Councils enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Supporting the Development Management function by processing and making decisions on a wide range of larger scale and controversial planning applications and negotiating with and advising developers, applicants and other interested groups
- Work with stakeholders to actively resolve complex/controversial issues and problems associated with your planning applications
- Prepare written reports and appeal statements
- Build and develop effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
You must have…
Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RPTI). A current full UK driving license is essential. Demonstrable experience of development management and the ability to tackle challenges in a constructive and responsible manner. Capability to manage a number of complex projects. Comprehensive knowledge of planning legislation. Demonstrable capability to negotiate and influence others to achieve desired outcomes and prepare specialist reports on complex issues.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Tracy Lincoln, Development Manager, 01508 533814 to answer these for you.
Interview date: w/c 2 November 2020