- Liberty Lodge
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £16,000 - £18,000 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 30 April 2020 01:00 PM
30 hpw, 9am - 3.30pm, Monday - Friday, 39 weeks per year.
Are you passionate about providing a 'unique and individualised' education for pupils with special educational needs, ensuring that they reach their true potential?
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Learning Support Assistant to work in KS3 and 4 as part of a small and committed team. Our school works closely with young people who are disengaged and pushed out learners.
We are a very small alternative independent school which is looking to develop, and are looking for a dedicated, skilled and resilient person to join the team.
You will have:
- GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in English and mathematics
- significant knowledge and experience of supporting pupils with a complex learning profile, special educational needs and disability (for example cognitive or learning difficulties, behaviour, emotional and social development, autism spectrum and other co-morbid conditions)
- good organisational skills
- good understanding and experience of managing challenging and / or resistant behaviour
- ability to build effective working relationships with pupils and adults
- knowledge of how to help adapt and deliver support to meet individual needs
- excellent communication skills
- active listening skills
- flexibility of approach
- strong safeguarding practice
- good ICT skills, particularly using ICT to support learning
- a full driving licence for supporting pupils in attending offsite activities
- a Level 2 or 3 Award or Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (desirable)
- experience and qualification in delivering literacy and / or numeracy interventions (desirable).
An application pack is available to download from the related information section.
Completed applications should be returned to James Connor, Head Teacher, via email: Jimmy.Connor@libertylodge.com or by post to 23 - 25 Waterloo Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2NY.
Interview date: Given the current situation with Covid-19, alternative arrangements will be made for interviews. Please also be advised that the closing date may be extended.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.