- Hardwick Primary School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 27 August 2021 03:00 PM
- £17,842 – £18,198 pro rata
- 2 posts available
- 17.5 hours per week, Mon – Fri, 8.45am – 12.15pm. Term time only (38 weeks per year).
- Fixed term until 31 August 2022.
Required from 1 September 2021.
We are seeking to appoint two committed Learning Support Assistants to support the learning of a children with special education needs and disabilities in Key Stage 2 on a 1:1 basis. You will work under guidance from the child’s teacher and the school’s special educational needs coordinator to support the children’s learning and address their specific needs. Applicants would ideally have experience of working with children with SEND /speech and language.
Post 1: to support a child in Lower Key Stage 2 with speech and language difficulties.
Post 2: to support 3 pupils in Upper Key Stage 2 on a 1:1 basis. Pupils have various special educational needs.
We can offer:
- a caring, warm and friendly school
- happy, well behaved children who are eager to learn
- an excellent staff team committed to achieving high standards
- supportive and enthusiastic staff, governors and parents
- a commitment to developing you professionally.
- have excellent English and Mathematics skills
- have experience of working with primary aged children and have an understanding of SEND
- be patient, calm, compassionate, enthusiastic and dedicated
- have high expectations of pupils' achievement and progress
- have good communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- have the ability to be flexible
- be able to work effectively with other colleagues in the team.
Roll: 254 (4-11)
To discuss the role in more detail, please telephone the school office on (01284) 755424.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please clearly specify which position you are interested in applying for and return completed forms to Daryl Jones, Headteacher, at the school, Steward Road, Bury St Edmunds IP33 2PW or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: w/c 6 September 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts.