- St Benet's Catholic Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £18,065 - £19,171 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 31 August 2020 01:00 PM
Fixed term until August 2023, dependent on the attendance of a named student at the school.
Required for September 2020
St Benet’s Primary School is a small and friendly primary school in Beccles which is federated with St Edmund’s in Bungay and is part of a larger Catholic school family of St John the Baptist Multi Academy Trust. We have a highly committed team of hard working staff who deliver the best possible inclusion, learning and achievement for all our pupils.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, patient and attentive teaching assistant who can support one of our KS2 pupils.
You will be committed to inclusion, ambitious and open minded about potential for achievement and progress. You need to form a positive and consistent relationship with the pupil, focussing on creating a calm, secure and consistent working environment around them.
You will work independently with the pupil as well as with the class teacher and the SENCo. We hope that you will have experience working with pupils with children with specific learning needs / or have done some relevant training.
We would like to appoint someone able to adapt learning activities and resources to suit the pupil when necessary, making them as accessible as possible.
What we can offer you:
- fantastic, well mannered, well behaved children who really want to learn
- great staff who work brilliantly together to secure the best outcomes for our children
- a thorough induction programme and ongoing support to enable new staff to settle quickly into our routines
- dedicated and supportive governing body and governors who are very keen to support and promote the work of the school
- very supportive parents who want the best for their children and the school.
- ongoing support through our friends of the school who arrange many events and activities throughout the year
- a warm and welcoming school with a strong Catholic ethos.
You will be:
- interested in making a difference to the experience in school of one SEN pupil
- qualified with NVQ level 2 in teaching assistance or equivalent qualification or experience
- understanding and support the principles of inclusion for all pupils
- supportive and provide the highest quality learning experience to enable children to reach their potential
- have high expectations for all children
- forward thinking, you use your initiative and are able to adapt easily to change
- passionate, enthusiastic and committed to the work you do
- a good team player.
Further information is available from our school website: https://www.st-benets.suffolk.sch.uk
An application pack is available from the related information section or the school website.
You are encouraged to submit applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 7 September 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.