- Glade Academy, Brandon
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £15,168 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 22 September 2019 01:00 PM
37 hpw, 38 weeks per year (term time plus 1 week):
- Administration Assistant hours: 22 hpw. 8am - 11.30am and 3.30pm - 4.30pm (finishing at 4pm Friday)
- Teaching Assistant hours: 15 hpw. 12.30pm - 3.30pm, five days a week.
Glade Academy have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join their well-established team and undertake two roles, an Administration Assistant and a Teaching Assistant.
In the Administration Assistant role, you will be required to provide a high standard of reception, information technology and administrative services to the academy, its teachers and pupils. By working flexibly with other administrative staff, you will ensure that duties are carried out efficiently and effectively.
In the Teaching Assistant role, you will be required to, under the instruction / guidance of teaching or other senior staff and within the overall ethos of the school, undertake care and learning programmes and activities to support individuals or groups of pupils. This may include more specialised support for those with special education needs, enable access to learning for pupils and assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
The majority of the support will be with KS1 children, assisting with interventions and, where required, releasing other staff to run an afternoon Nurture Group.
Please review the Job Description for the essential and desirable personal specifications for these roles. These include:
- Level 2 (GCSE A* - C) or equivalent in English and mathematics
- Teaching Assistant qualification, or equivalent
- Business administration or equivalent qualification or recent proven high level office experience
- First Aid at Work qualification or willing to complete the necessary training
- Very good IT skills and ability to use all Microsoft office suite
- Experience of working in an education setting
- Flexible and able to cover a variety of classes and age groups as required
- Understanding of, and ability to comply with, the requirements of Safeguarding / Child Protection.
To apply, please visit: www.eastern-mat.co.uk/vacancies