- St Mary's Catholic Primary School (Ipswich)
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £18,426 - £19,171 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 06 January 2020 01:00 PM
19 hpw, Wednesday 8.30am - 12.30pm and Thursday and Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm, 38 weeks per year.
Required from January 2020.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and friendly professional administrative assistant to join our team of dedicated, hardworking and caring staff. You will be joining the team as part of the welcoming face of our school.
- be the first point of contact for parents, pupils and all who visit the school
- have mathematics and English at GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above
- be a good communicator, with a good telephone manner and the ability to be calm under pressure
- possess good organisational skills
- respect the confidentiality of the role, working within the school policies
- be able to work in a team and be able to use your own initiative
- have a willingness to undertake any necessary training
- be computer literate.
We can offer you:
- a friendly, supportive and hardworking team and governing body
- a varied and fulfilling role, with a range of admin duties
- a positive environment in our well-resourced school
- active encouragement of personal and professional development.
Experience of working within a school office would be ideal but is not essential.
It is not a requirement of the role to be Catholic, but you should be sympathetic to the ethos of the school.
Visits to the school are welcome. Please call (01473) 728372 to arrange.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Completed applications should be returned to Jo Berry, Head of School via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 13 January 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.