- Glade Academy, Brandon
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £14,421 - £15,610 pa
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 25 September 2020 02:00 PM
32.5 hpw, 39 weeks per year, (term-time plus 1 week) The post is subject to a six-month probationary period.
Glade Academy are looking to recruit a Cover Supervisor to cover any teacher or class support staff absence throughout the academy. This will include supervising whole classes to cover for the absence of a teacher, and to allow for teachers to carry out professional duties and training. Cover Supervisors will work to lessons planned by the teacher and keep the pupils on task while maintaining good order.
You will need to be able to support our children with their learning and emotional wellbeing. You will be required to be flexible, work with small groups, individual pupils or support a whole class under the direction of the class teacher. You will also be required to supervise whole classes to provide PPA cover for teachers across the school and for short term absence of teachers.
You will need to be:
- creative and passionate about children and their learning.
- able to form positive relationships
- well-organised, enthusiastic and positive
- have a good level of maths and English and be willing to up-skill their knowledge of other subjects in order to provide the best for the children.
- willing to attend Professional Development Days and occasional staff meetings.
We can offer you:
- fantastic children with a desire to learn
- a welcoming and friendly team
- a caring and supportive environment, committed to professional development.
Visits to the academy are encouraged.
To apply, please go to the Eastern Multi-Academy Trust website: www.eastern-mat.co.uk/vacancies
If we receive sufficient applicants of a high calibre, we may bring the closing date forward.
Interview date: w/c 28 September 2020.
The successful applicant will be subject to employment checks, including and enhanced DBS check with children's barred list.