- Westfield Primary Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £20,344 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 22 November 2019 01:00 PM
35 hpw, 8am - 4pm daily with an hour for lunch plus attendance at PDM until 5.30pm every Wednesday. 39 weeks per year to include PD days.
Fixed term until 31 August 2020. Required from 9 December 2019.
We require a committed and passionate Higher Level Teaching Assistant who is keen to improve education outcomes for a small group of learners who require a bespoke curriculum.
We are seeking an inclusive practitioner who wants to ensure pupils who find large classroom settings challenging, achieve their very best. You will be responsible for planning and delivering a unique curriculum which is heavily focused on personal development. You will lead learning in a bespoke classroom consisting of 2 - 5 pupils.
You will ideally have experience working with children who have ASD and SEMH needs and have the initiative to follow and implement personalised education plans with the child in order to help them reach their full potential.
- be passionate, sharing a commitment to support out vulnerable children and young people
- have the enthusiasm to provide personalised learning experiences to children and young people with SEND
- have a calm, patient and encouraging manner, with an ability to make learning fun
- have the ability to be self-motivated and manage time effectively in order to maximise children's learning time
- be flexible and willing to support children in a variety of situations
- be able to differentiate when leading learning
- be flexible and prepared to use your own initiative
- be committed to your own professional development.
- ideally, have experience of supporting children with significant SEN needs, including ASD, ADHD, SEMH needs.
It is essential that you have good English and mathematics skills. You should preferably hold an NVQ level 3 or equivalent teaching assistant qualification. Further experience with positive handling, language interventions and / or autism training would be beneficial to the role.
In return, we can offer you:
- a friendly and welcoming team
- a new leadership team with vision and drive
- wonderful children who love their school
- a wide range of expertise and experience
- opportunities to share your strengths and learn with others
- a school that believe in continuing professional development
- supporting and caring senior leaders and governors.
* actual £16,335 pa
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact Toni Kitte, Headteacher on (01440) 761697 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
To apply, please visit: candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk
Interview date: w/c 25 November 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for relevant posts. Unity Schools' Partnership - welcoming diversity.